Thursday 27 July 2017

July Favourites


Hey guys! It's been a little while since my last blog post as I've been a bit busy but I hope you're all well and having a great summer! I thought I'd share with you my favourite beauty products from this month...

No7 Skin Illuminator

I don't know if it's just me but I find a lot of skin illuminators out there can sometimes be way too glowy and look so unnatural. However this skin illuminator by No7 has just the right amount of sheen to it and leaves your skin looking super healthy and radiant. I've been wearing this a lot recently under my foundation or a bb cream and it just adds a lovely natural glow. It feels really hydrating on the skin and looks natural enough for you to wear it on its own if you're feeling like having a make-up free day. I wouldn't recommend this if you're after an intense highlight as it is quite subtle, but if you want to try something that just makes your skin look more healthy and radiant then this is a fab product to try.

Revlon Ultra HD Lip Colour  (shade 710, HD Desert)

I picked this up as I get very dry lips so I love lipsticks which have some added moisture. These lipsticks feel amazing on the lips, I've been using this non stop since I got it. They feel just as nourishing as a lip balm, but the pigmentation of the colour is as good as a lipstick. The shade I've been loving is '710, Desert', which is a very wearable rosy-nude shade, it looks like your lips but better. These are reasonably priced at £7.99 and always on some sort of offer so I'd definitely recommend checking these out if you fancy trying something new. I can't wait to try some other colours in this range.


Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Eye Shadow Palette

I don't even know where to start with this because I just looove this palette so much. This is the Dolce Vita palette which consists of gorgeous copper and bronze shades. This palette is a dream to apply, the eye shadows are really pigmented and they have a buttery consistency which makes them so easy to blend. 

I would say if you struggle with knowing how to apply eyeshadow and find the big palettes quite daunting then you can't go wrong with these quads as all the colours work together seamlessly and you're still able to experiment with different looks. The shades are colour coded on the back of the palette - shade 1 is the prime shade, shade 2 is enhance, shade 3 is smoke, and shade 4 is pop.

The shades are gorgeous and have everything I need to take it from a daytime look through to the evening. 

My day to evening look -

In the day time I will wear the champagne prime shade all over the lid, then I will blend shade 2 (enhance) into my crease and the outer corners of my eyes.
Then if I want to take this into a more evening look, I'll create a bit of a smokey eye by adding some of the smoke shade in the outer corners and along my lash line, and depending on the look I'm going for I might add some of the glitter pop shade on my lid.

This is a pricey palette at £39, but it is also one I find myself reaching for the most as the shades are so wearable and they stay put all day!























Ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set

I just want to mention how great these brushes are, they make doing your eyeshadow so quick and easy because they're double ended so you literally get 4 brush heads on 2 brushes. These are literally a lazy girls essential to doing your eye shadow, and they're only £6.99 for the two! AND they're ridiculously soft. Amazing.









Jo Malone Earl Grey and Cucumber

From the Jo Malone website - " A fragrance with a burst of bergamot, distinct to Earl Grey, and the cool succulence of crunchy cucumber. Counterpoised with a sweet base of beeswax, vanilla and musk. "

I love Jo Malone fragrances and this is one of my absolute favourites. This scent is so lovely and fresh, it has been my go-to fragrance during this beautiful summer weather we've been having. I only wish they did the same scent in their home fragrance products or in their bath/body range, its such a perfect fragrance I need it in more please!


What products have you been using this summer?

G x




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That CT quad is so beautiful, I love the shades!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous isn't it - I'm obsessed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me want to get one of the Revlon Lip Colours - they sound amazing! Also, how pretty is the CT palette?! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaas deffo get one - they're so nice! And the CT palette is too pretty! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig